Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Making of Stonehenge in Two Days




You, too, can have fun in retirement!

 

Creating a cheese curd replica of Stonehenge was a unique experience. The first task was to see if cheese curds were available in Kansas.  I found some large-sized curds at the grocery store, then purchased a green covered foam board for the base, and cut pieces of toothpicks to attach the cheese curds to the base board.  Maps and photos of the real Stonehenge were readily available on the internet, and once I determined the proper size for the circle, I was deep into the project!  Some last-minute mozarella pieces were necessary to create the larger central stones.


At one point in the middle of the fabrication process I had a flashback to "Close Encounters of the Third Kind," when Richard Dreyfuss was creating the Devil's Tower model.  I had an eerie feeling that I might find crop circles in the back yard the next morning!


As I awoke, my big toe detected some harmonic vibrations at about 5:00 am......Oooo!


Stonehenge in two days!

No comments:

Post a Comment