KATY TRAIL ADVENTURE
by Greg Larson
Purple tandem on the trail
Indigo Bunting flashes its tail
Indigo Bunting flashes its tail
Big Muddy Mo’ by our side
A roiling companion, a flowing tide
Eagles above on warm winds soar
Majestic shadows touch woodland floor
Trickling spring waters find their way
And many a wildflower brightens our day
‘Katy’ critters scurry ‘cross our path
Quick to hide from wheel’s wrath
Back to Rocheport before day’s end
Big old tunnel ‘round the bend
Wine on the bluff top, a great feast, too
The river and sunset in our view
Jeunette Rouge – a refreshing dry red
Mellows our thoughts before going to bed
Spinning spokes in sweet dreams
Cycling paradise – a heavenly scene
A shaft of sunlight pierces the room
I guess it’s time to be going soon
Breakfast awaits – the best I’ve seen
One that’s fit for Kings and Queens
Around Rocheport we did walk
Enjoying time for idle talk
Cat rubs pen as I write this word
No comments:
Post a Comment