by Gregory E. Larson
Summer
came on Sunday
Warm
gusts whisked spring clouds away
I
carried a weight on Monday
And
sat outside to ease the burden
My
concerns but a small blip on the cosmic radar
Overwhelmed
me
The
breeze was almost imperceptible
At
midday I leaned back in my chair
And
peered up into a universe unknown
Soft
tufts floating ever so slowly
As
far as the eye could see
Hundreds
of feet . . . no, thousands of feet above
Multitudes
of weightless puffs
Ripped
from their mothers arms in yesterday’s gale
From
the ladies on the banks of heartland rivers
The
Ninescah, the Arkansas, the Neosho and the Cottonwood
From
woody stands along ruddy creeks where the cattle wallow
White
tufts arose in the airy yeast of yesterday
To
ride free on an invisible river
Only to recede towards earth on Monday
Nature’s
rhythm repeated for eons
My
weight still there, lessened a bit
And
when I listened to the wind,
I could hear my Creator’s soft whisper,
I am who I am
Well said, old friend...
ReplyDeleteI follow your Blog and with it your adventures. This poem takes the reader to that place in the heart only touched by the Great I Am.
ReplyDelete