![]() |
| "Down the 'Great Unknown'" 2020 original watercolor by Gregory E. Larson (selected to National Watercolor Exhibition, Mark Arts Center, Wichita, Kansas, December 10, 2021 through January 29, 2022) |
Selection to National Watercolor Exhibition
announcement by Gregory E. Larson
The exhibit is sponsored by the Kansas Watercolor Society and will take place in the Mark Arts Center, 1307 N. Rock Road, Wichita, KS 67206.
I was pleased with the outcome when I completed the painting shortly after my rafting trip through the Grand Canyon in the summer of 2020. The goal was to show the variety of colors in the water, rocks, and sky, and to provide depth for the viewer to feel as though they were on the raft with me.
I want to thank all of you who have continued your interest in my writings and paintings. The time spent at the laptop or in the art studio is a time of joy for me.
Sincerely,
Greg
P.S. I also want to share a short 3-minute video of some of the paintings. I owe much gratitude to fellow artist Catharine Deever for creating and editing the video, along with William Edward Williams for graciously allowing the use of his music as background.
Link to Video: https://youtu.be/GabEcPgfGQc
Link to online gallery: https://larsoncreativellc.com/#/down-the-great-unknown-rafting-the-grand-canyon/

Congrats! Very nice video.
ReplyDelete